Episode 06: Dreamboard to success
Today, I want to get to the bottom of this thing called dream boards. If we put the esoteric aside, what is it? My guest is Leanne Bier a certified holistic life coach and dream board workshops’ facilitator!
Here’s the full cycle:
- I write down three things: what I want to be, what I want to do, and what I want to have.
- I go and gather magazines. I don’t look online; I don’t look on sites where I can pin what I like, like Pinterest, because that will just keep me stuck where I am. I go and select magazines from all over the place – buy, or get them for free.
- I give myself 60 minutes time to get images and phrases that speak to me that are somehow linked to the things I wrote down but not necessarily. My goal is to find more than just what visually represents the things I wrote in those three columns.
- I have a maximum of 50x70cm – that’s probably an A3 type piece of paper – and that’s the biggest paper I can go for. I put all the images all the phrases on it. If I don’t want anyone to see, I take a photo and make it my screensaver. If I want to have it with me then I can create a scrapbook where I put those images on different pages and look through them.
- I decide on three habits that I want to introduce into my life and three things that I want to get rid of by the end of 12 months.